I accept ARCs, print books and e-books (in the form of .mobi and epubs) from authors and publishers, with a strong preference for physical copies. Though I still sometimes receive ecopies, I am more likely to accept requests regarding print books / ARCs and always give them first priority.
I would also be more than happy to help promote any author / book in cover reveals, giveaways, blog tours, or author interviews. Promotion of any type of bookish items may also be considered.
Please note that I cannot guarantee that I will be able to read and review your book, especially if I am not particularly interested in the book’s genre or if I am under a limited time frame. I will politely reject requests if I am almost completely sure that I will a) not be able to write a review or b) not be interested in the story. That being said, if I do write my review, you can guarantee the fact that I will cross post it on my Goodreads account around the same time my review goes up on this blog. If I receive a physical copy, I am also more likely to upload photos and widely promote it on my instagram.
Some other things to know before sending me a review request:
- I mainly read a mix of Young Adult, New Adult and Adult Fiction with a strong focus on the Young Adult genre.
- The genres that I read are fantasy, historical fiction, contemporary, mystery, paranormal, urban fantasy, retellings, science fiction, dystopian, adult/general fiction as well as a little bit of horror and middle grade. (I might try different genres, so if you are unsure please email me!)
- Pure romance/erotica are genres that I never reach for so please don’t send me a review request if your book fits into that category.
- I always try my best to post ARC reviews as close to their publication date as possible. If you have a specific criteria for when the review should be published, please specify the date in the email.
- I only read series in their publication order and unless they are companion books with either none or very little correlation, I will not accept the review request until I have read the previous instalments or unless you are willing to provide them.
My Rating System:
*Note: I am always 100% honest in all of my reviews regardless of whether or not I received a free copy. The comments that I make whether they be positive or negative are never a personal attack on the author, editor, publisher, or the book in question.*
- ★★★★★- Absolutely amazing! Probably has become a strong contender in my favourites list. Strong world building, complex and flawed characters, unique plot without cliches and beautiful writing style.
- ★★★★☆- Pretty good. There may be a couple of problems, but I enjoyed most of the content. Engaging story with realistic characters. Simple but fitting writing style.
- ★★★☆☆- Good. I had some problems that bothered me and stopped me from fully enjoying this book. Average characters, a bit of a cliched plot and overall a not too special book.
- ★★☆☆☆- Not too enjoyable. I had more problems with the book than I liked it. There were some “okay” moments but they weren’t enough to actually make up for the bad ones. Forgettable characters and writing style. Weak plot and world building. Could have been much more improved.
- ★☆☆☆☆- Bad. Definitely a book that I did not enjoy. Frustrating characters that I couldn’t connect with or relate to, boring and cliched plot and an overall weak story.
- ☆☆☆☆☆- DNF or just not able to rate.
If you would like to submit a review request, please email me the title and author of the book along with a synopsis and any other additional information I need to know to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Review Request” (or anything similar). I will make sure to respond as quickly as I can, usually within the next 48 hours.